We are in the digital era where information is at everybody’s fingertips. Even young children have access to the internet via numerous devices They need to be aware of the dangers of the internet, and taught how to protect themselves from various online threats.
Here are some tips that parents could use to protect their kids online.
- Do not allow kids to browse alone Teach kids about protecting their privacy
- Instruct your child to never click on pop-ups or subscribe to e-newsletters
- Set a time rule for online activities
- Monitor what your kids post online and who they are friends with
- Do not allow kids to shop online unsupervised
Just like you’ve taught your child to look both ways before crossing the street, it’s important to teach them some essential cyber skills.