Quantum computing is in its infancy.
Although it represents a major threat to encryption and cybersecurity, it’s not yet involved in any known cyber attack. However, it may not take long before that happens.
Here are a few tips to get everyone ready.
- Get up to speed with quantum computing– Learn the basics of the technology and why it matters.
- Ask lawmakers to start working on regulations – To limit the potential damages the technology can do to society.
- Request ethical boundaries – In the development and implementation of quantum technology.
For cyber professionals:
- Get hands-on experience – with the hardware and the software kits that are being developed.
- Get to know the potential threats – Get involved in the research of potential mitigations and solutions Start protecting mission-critical connected devices today – with advanced quantum-safe digital certificates.
- Protect existing applications with – Quantum Random Number Generation Participate in the creation and the development of – Post-Quantum Cryptography standards.
- Understand the importance of crypto agility
- Start safeguarding long-live data assets
- Know your risk and establish a quantum crypto maturity model
- Make plans to transition from current cryptography to quantum cryptography