The world of wireless and mobile devices is evolving rapidly, with many individuals relying solely on their wireless devices in the workplace and in the home. The growing use of mobile devices demands that organizations become more educated in securing this technology and determining how to best protect their assets.
Written by an industry expert, Wireless and Mobile Device Security, Second Edition explores the evolution of wired networks to wireless networking and its impact on the corporate world. Using case studies and real-world events, it goes on to discuss risk assessments, threats, and vulnerabilities of wireless networks, as well as the security measures that should be put in place to mitigate breaches.
- Available with Cybersecurity Cloud Labs, providing immersive mock IT infrastructures where students can learn and practice foundational cybersecurity skills.
- Discusses the history and evolution of wireless networks, including emerging trends in 5G connectivity and IOT
- Explores the impact of wireless on the corporate world
- Focuses on 802.11 WLAN security in both the small office/home office world and for larger organizations
- Offers security solutions for the risks and vulnerabilities in mobile devices
- Surveys the mobile malware landscape and discusses mitigation strategies