By Marcus J. Carey and Jennifer Jin “TRIBE OF HACKERS” RETURNS—PROVIDING THE BEST ADVICE AND PRACTICAL INSIGHTS ON RED TEAM OFFENSIVE CYBERSECURITY FROM THE BIGGEST NAMES IN THE INDUSTRY!
Hired by organizations of all kinds, red team hackers are highly sought-after cybersecurity professionals who probe systems for vulnerabilities, provide solutions to correct flaws, and improve information security. From the authors who brought you the bestselling Tribe of Hackers comes Tribe of Hackers Red Team, a collection of invaluable real-world insights from dozens of the world’s leading cybersecurity experts. This book offers expert perspectives on Red Team issues such as penetration testing and offensive ethical hacking techniques.
Influential security specialists including David Kennedy, Rob Fuller, Jayson E. Street, and Georgia Weidman share their best red team tools and tactics, as well as career advice, communication and presentation strategies, professional development tips, approaches to practical and legal issues, firsthand anecdotes, and much more. A must-read for anyone involved in cybersecurity—from beginners seeking to join a Red Team to experienced practitioners wishing to increase their knowledge or start their own team— Tribe of Hackers Red Team answers questions such as:
- What is the best way to get a red team job?
- How can someone gain red team skills without getting in trouble with the law?
- What’s the most important control that can prevent you from compromising a system or network?
- What differentiates good red teamers from the pack?
- How do you work together to get the job done, including documentation, reporting?
- How do you recommend security improvements other than pointing out where it’s insufficient?