Staying Safe Online: Insight into cybersecurity attacks and tips and tricks that will keep you safe in your online interactions.
- Best practices on how to stay safe online with strong passwords, basic computer security, and more
- What methods hackers might use and how to get around them
- Common scams and how to recognize and avoid them
- Tips to stay safe when on social media or playing video games
It’s not personal, kid. Hundreds of millions of people lose their personal information to hacks, but by following good cybersecurity practices, you can stay safe.
It’s essential for any kids going online to understand the cybersecurity attacks that happen everyday. This hour-long course is perfect for kids as they start using YouTube, social media, playing video games, and more.
Who this course is for:
- Kids who spend time online (YouTube, gaming, social media, etc)
- Parents who want to know how to keep their kids safe online
Pranav Patil: He is a 2-time National Champion in CyberPatriot, a national cybersecurity competition, and he trains middle and high school students to do the same. He’s also given lessons to hundreds of elementary school students based on what he’s learned to be the most prevalent and dangerous cyber attacks. He developed educational video games, which I love to feature in my lessons.