Why this course?
There are other courses and information available on internet which teach concepts in isolation. They basically do small POCs (Proof Of Concepts) to showcase various things. But they do not give you a project scenario and show how different things tie up together. This course is not a POC course. In this course we learn concepts by doing hands-on real time project, and code it ourselves. This will give a enhanced learning platform on top of the theoretical concepts which I have covered in great detail. I have taken a very easy to understand approach, and I will take you through a flow which will make learning each and every concept very interesting. I have taken a real world example and I keep on build on top of it in a continuous manner so that you do not loose the connectivity. You will learn about Spring Boot and Spring Security framework in lot of detail. We will dive deep into Spring Security Filters.
What you will learn?
In this course you will learn the following:
- Basic concepts about REST API Security
- Learn about TLS/SSL and know it works
- How we can secure out API using HTTPS
- Learn in detail about Basic Authentication
- Secure our API using Basic Authentication with user detail in memory, file and database
- Learn in detail about Authorization
- Perform Authorization based on Roles and Authorities
- Get a very good understanding of JWT
- Secure our APIs using JWT. Perform Authentication and Authorization using JWT.
- See how we can use JWT to secure our Micro Services
- Learn about OAuth 2.0
- See live example of OAuth 2.0, which we use in our daily lives
- Get intorduced to Okta and use its various features
- Use Okta to secure of APIs using OAuth 2.0
- Learn about OIDC (Open ID Connect)
- Examine the differences between OIDC and OAuth 2.0
- Implement MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) for our APIs using Okta
- Understand what is HMAC (Hash Message Authentication Code)
- How to implement HMAC and secure our APIs using HMAC
- Learn Spring Security in depth, exploring up to the filter level