With this practical book, you’ll learn how easily ransomware infects your system and what steps you can take to stop the attack before it sets foot in the network.
Security experts Allan Liska and Timothy Gallo explain how the success of these attacks has spawned not only several variants of ransomware, but also a litany of ever-changing ways they’re delivered to targets.
You’ll learn pragmatic methods for responding quickly to a ransomware attack, as well as how to protect yourself from becoming infected in the first place.
- Learn how ransomware enters your system and encrypts your files
- Understand why ransomware use has grown, especially in recent years
- Examine the organizations behind ransomware and the victims they target
- Learn how wannabe hackers use Ransomware as a Service (RaaS) to launch campaigns
- Understand how ransom is paid—and the pros and cons of paying
- Use methods to protect your organization’s workstations and servers
About the Authors
Allan Liska has more than 15 years experience in the world of cyber security. Mr Liska has worked both as a security practitioner and an ethical hacker, so he is familiar with both sides of the security aisle and, through his work at Symantec and iSIGHT Partners, has helped countless organizations improve their security posture using more effective intelligence.
In addition to security experience, Mr Liska also authored the books “The Practice of Network Security”, “Building an Intelligence-Led Security Program” and he co-authored the book “DNS Security” and contributed the security-focused chapters to “The Apache Administrators Handbook.”
Timothy Gallo has been working in IT security for the past 15 years, prior to that he’s been a bouncer, a bartender, and a physicist. He loves finding new ways to do things and is working on building his very first art car for use at burning man this year.
*Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.