QNAP warns customers of an ongoing wave of DeadBolt ransomware attacks, threat actors are exploiting a zero-day vulnerability in Photo Station.
The attacks started on Saturday meantime the Taiwanese vendor has addressed the vulnerability.
The company urges its customers to update Photo Station to the latest available version. It also suggests the use of QuMagie as a powerful alternative to Photo Station.
QNAP released the following updates to address the issue:
- QTS 5.0.1: Photo Station 6.1.2 and later
- QTS 5.0.0/4.5.x: Photo Station 6.0.22 and later
- QTS 4.3.6: Photo Station 5.7.18 and later
- QTS 4.3.3: Photo Station 5.4.15 and later
- QTS 4.2.6: Photo Station 5.2.14 and later
Ransomware operators are also offering for sale the QNAP the master decryption key for 50 BTC which could allow all the victims of this ransomware family to decrypt their files.