Podcast Overview (from podcast’s website)
Protecting your privacy in the digital age is tough. Identity theft, fraud, and cyber threats are on the rise. How about a Privacy Mentor? Let me be your guide by simplifying complex topics and providing you with tools and resources to help you become a difficult target for cyber criminals.
EP 77 Risks of using a free email service and a safer alternative: Interview with Brad Deflin of Total Digital Security
Even though we rely on email for nearly everything we do online, we seem to forget about all the information connected to it. Not to mention all the entities that have access to collect and view this info as well. In this episode, Carrie gets to talk with Brad Deflin of Total Digital Security as they over all of the dangers of using a free email service, and the importance of switching to a more private and secure one.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How limited privacy is when using a free email service
- What exactly is a private email?
- Why free email services put you at a greater risk of becoming a target of a cyber-attack
- Why it’s easy to switch over to a private email
- The importance of starting a private email now rather than later