Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, the Principal Security Engineer will oversee the activities of the security architecture, engineering and operations of the security team.
This position has high visibility and direct responsibility for the effective and efficient architecture of the Security Systems in addition to company and product systems.
Additionally, the position will be responsible for driving process refinement and implementation, cross-team/discipline collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships, and supervision of staff.
- Architect, design, and implement security solutions, tools, and services to protect Zero Hash’s cloud network environment in collaboration with the Zero Hash Technical Engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain requirements and standards for capabilities that support security operations, threat detection, intelligence, and incident response functions.
- Maintain strong awareness of and support the achievement of Zero Hash’s security operations strategy and future state goals.
- Assess gaps in security operations capabilities, maintaining market and vendor awareness of both trends and advancing capabilities in alignment to the desired architecture.
- Working with Zero Hash’s Cyber Security Operations, identify and support innovation in capabilities necessary to fill critical capability gaps.
- Interface and support Zero Hash’s Security Council, Steering Committees, and Working Groups building strong rapport across teams.
- Assess gaps in Security skills and capabilities to support training and hiring practices on the security team in support of the CISO.
- Leverage threat models to define requirements and identify gaps to address threats
- Perform security reviews of infrastructure, products, and services
- Ensure tight coupling between Security and DevOps through collaboration with engineers
- Provide technical expertise on trends and emerging standards to cloud security landscape
- Work closely with team members to effectively enhance, implement and configure scalable security technologies, and enhance detection and response capabilities
- Implement, review, and maintain strong access controls and identity roles within the cloud infrastructure
- Supports our CISO in additional security projects, as needed
US Located Required: Yes
Location: Chicago, IL – Remote
Schedule: Full time