Pentoo is a Live CD and Live USB designed for penetration testing and security assessment. Based off Gentoo Linux, Pentoo is provided both as 32 and 64 bit installable livecd.
Pentoo is a security-focused livecd based on Gentoo. It’s basically a gentoo install with lots of customized tools, customized kernel, and much more.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the features currently included:
- Kernel with wifi hacking related packages
- Module loading support ala slax
- Changes saving on usb stick
- XFCE4 wm
- OPENCL cracking support with development tools
- System and security updates if you got it finally installed
Put simply, Pentoo is Gentoo with the pentoo overlay. This overlay is available in layman so all you have to do is layman -L and layman -a pentoo.