- Are there other methods available for delivery of one-time tokens?
- Can users switch from one workstation to another transparently?
- Do you assign security policies to specific users independent of granting access to apps?
- Does the SSO platform allow a wide range of authentication methods?
- How are SSO users linked to member and portfolios?
- How do you find out Premier and Extended Support dates for Access Management Products?
- How to deploy mobile Single Sign-On with user experience in mind?
- What are common approaches to mobile Single Sign-On?
- What password parameters have been established for organizationwide applications?
- Where do you view Single Sign-On login errors?
This Mobile Single Sign-On Guide is unlike books you’re used to. If you’re looking for a textbook, this might not be for you. This book and its included digital components is for you who understands the importance of asking great questions. This gives you the questions to uncover the Mobile Single Sign-On challenges you’re facing and generate better solutions to solve those problems.
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Unless you’re talking a one-time, single-use project, there should be a process. That process needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Self-Assessment empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Mobile Single Sign-On investments work better.