This book introduces a structured practical methodology for IT DR planning, testing and exercising. It gives readers the necessary background, terminology, methodology, tools, guides and practical knowledge they need in order to succeed in IT DR testing.
The main messages introduced within the book are:
- Cloud and IT DR testing can be made easy using a gradual approach.
- A successful test and exercise are those which become vectors for change in the organization by improving DR skills and self-confidence; improvement of routines and procedures, changing perceptions, and identifying issues in need of improvement.
- A test and exercise can be very useful even if the test results unsatisfactory, as it mirrors the organization’s readiness for crisis.
The book assists IT managers and professionals in:
- Introducing and convincing management of the need for IT DR testing and exercising
- Establishing the required tests and exercise principles for the organization
- Planning and implementing IT DR tests and exercises
- Understanding when and how often tests and exercises should be conducted
- Budgeting cloud and IT DR testing activity
- Compliance with relevant regulations