Identity management, also known as identity and access management, is a framework of policies and technologies for ensuring that the proper people in an enterprise have the appropriate access to technology resources.
Importance of Identity Security :
Identity Security empowers workers with simple and secure access to business resources using single sign-on and adaptive multi-factor authentication. Passwordless authentication improves the strength of security and reduces the friction involved for end users.
Identity security describes the proactive approach to safely controlling user and system information that is used to authenticate and authorize user identities for access to secure resources. It is an essential aspect of the identity and access management (IAM) space and serves as the cornerstone for security in any organization.
In this Course you will learn about various fundamentals about Identity management. It is a foundational security component to help ensure users have the access they need, and that systems, data, and applications are inaccessible to unauthorized users.
What You will learn
- What is Identity Management
- Access Management
- Authentication and Authorization Difference
- Active Directory and LDAP Concept
- Security Token Service Concept
- Identity Security
- What is IDP
- Decision for Choosing Right IDP- Identity Provider
- Identity Provider and Service Provider
- Relation Between IDP Provider, Service Provider, Relying Party
- What is Open ID Protocol
- What is SAML Protocol
- What is OAuth Protocol
- OAuth Flow
- What is AWS Cognito
- Difference Between SAML vs OpenID vs OAuth
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Rule Based Access Control
- Mandatory access control (MAC)
- Discretionary access control (DAC).
- Overview of the Common implementation process
- User Access Review
- System account access review
- Provisioning and De provisioning