Job Description (from the job’s posting):
Node as a prime contractor to DHS, performs HIRT investigations to develop a preliminary diagnosis of the severity of breaches. Node provides HIRT remote and onsite advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, rapid onsite incident response, and immediate investigation and resolution using host-based and network-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities. Contract personnel provide front line response for digital forensics/incident response (DFIR) and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity.
Node is seeking Host Forensics Analysts to support this critical customer mission.
– Assisting Federal leads with overseeing and leading forensic teams at onsite engagements by coordinating evidence collection operations
– Providing technical assistance on digital evidence matters and forensic investigative techniques to appropriate personnel when necessary
– Writing in-depth reports, supports with peer reviews and provides quality assurance reviews for junior personnel
– Supporting forensic analysis and mentoring/providing guidance to others on data collection, analysis and reporting in support of onsite engagements.
– Assisting with leading and coordinating forensic teams in the preliminary investigation
– Planning, coordinating and directing the inventory, examination and comprehensive technical analysis of computer-related evidence
– Distilling analytic findings into executive summaries and in-depth technical reports
– Serving as technical forensics liaison to stakeholders and explaining investigation details including forensic methodologies and protocols
– Tracking and documenting on-site incident response activities and providing updates to leadership throughout the engagement
– Evaluating, extracting and analyzing suspected malicious code
US Located Required: Yes
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Schedule: Full time
Salary: USD 56K – 105K
Clearance required: Active TS/SCI clearance