Job Description (from the job posting):
HackerOne is looking for security-minded, customer-service oriented individuals to join the team responsible for HackerOne’s Fully Managed service offering. You will be responsible for vetting security vulnerability reports from some of the world’s best hackers being submitted to Fortune 500 and other companies as part of their bug bounty programs.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best hackers in the world and the security teams behind some of the most competitive bug bounty programs, gaining hands-on experience with thousands of vulnerabilities unique to HackerOne’s customers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a problem solver, a great communicator, and detail oriented.
This role requires that you have both excellent communication skills to serve as the glue between the hacker community and companies running bug bounty programs, as well as the technical capacity to ensure every bug report is reproducible and provides value to each customer. This job can be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
- Review incoming vulnerability reports and reproduce issues, assessing the severity and impact of each issue within the context of each organization’s threat model
- Work with hackers to identify missing information in reports, as well as help educate the community when reports are incorrect
- Write a brief summary for each report, including clear reproduction steps, the impact of the issue, and remediation advice
- Coordinate with our Customer Success team and customers to ensure smooth triage workflows for any programs you work with
- Ensure clear and efficient communication between hackers and customers
- Proactively identify and solve issues, as well as accept and quickly respond to delegated work; as we are distributed, being able to win as a team to solve problems is critical to our success
US Located Required: Yes
Location: Remote – United States and Canada
Schedule: Full time
Salary: USD 109K – 168K