|Career Opportunities||Security Consultant, Cloud Penetration Tester, Web App Penetration Tester, Cloud Security Specialist, Network Security Specialist, Network Security Operations, Threat Intelligence Analyst, Vulnerability Analyst, Penetration Tester|
|Skills||Social engineering techniques, cloud technologies, vulnerability scanning, vulnerability management, Code Analysis, Reporting, Planning, Scoping|
|Renewal||60 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in three years|
|Themes||regulatory compliance, Ethical hacking, Risk management,Vulnerability assessment,Penetration testing|
CompTIA PenTest+ is a cybersecurity certification from CompTIA that validates the skills and knowledge of IT professionals in the field of penetration testing. Penetration testing is a type of security assessment that involves simulating an attack on a system or network to identify and exploit vulnerabilities.
The CompTIA PenTest+ certification covers a wide range of topics related to penetration testing, including:
- Planning and scoping a penetration test
- Conducting reconnaissance
- Identifying vulnerabilities
- Exploiting vulnerabilities
- Reporting on penetration test results
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 85 questions
- Types of Question: Multiple-choice (single and multiple response) and performance-based
- Length of Test: 165 minutes
- Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Recommended Experience:Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus
- Languages: English, Japanese, Portuguese and Thai
- Testing Provider: Pearson VUE
- Testing Centers
- Online Testing
Official Study Materials
- CertMaster Learn for PenTest+: Self-paced online training.
- CertMaster Labs for PenTest+: Hands-on online training.
- CertMaster Practice for PenTest+ Training: Online course.
- CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-002 Certification Study Guide: Book.
CompTIA Instructor-Led Training: Online Course.