|Career Opportunities||Application Security Analyst, Threat Hunter, Threat Intelligence Analyst, Vulnerability Analyst, Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, Security Architect, Cybersecurity Engineer|
|Skills||Security Operations,Incident Response,Management,Reporting,Communication,Vulnerability assessments,vulnerability response|
|Renewal||60 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in three years|
|Themes||Security analytics, Intrusion detection, Response, Security assessment, Risk management, Vulnerability management, Compliance, Incident response, Forensics|
CompTIA CySA+ is an intermediate-level cybersecurity certification that validates the skills and knowledge required to apply security analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect, and combat cybersecurity threats.
The CompTIA CySA+ exam covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Security analytics
- Intrusion detection
- Security assessment
- Risk management
- Vulnerability management
- Incident response
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 85 questions
- Types of Question: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 165 minutes
- Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Recommended Experience: Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience as an incident response analyst or security operations center (SOC) analyst, or equivalent experience.
- Languages: English, with Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish to follow
- Testing Provider: Pearson VUE
- Testing Centers
- Online Testing
Official Study Materials
CertMaster Learn for CySA+: Self-paced online training.
CertMaster Practice for CySA+ Training: Online course.
CompTIA Instructor-Led Training: Online Course.
CompTIA Labs for CySA+: Hands-on online training.
Additional Study Materials
- CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition (Exam CS0-002): Book.
- CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Complete Course & Practice Exam: Udemy Online Course.