|Career Opportunities||Business Analyst, Data Support Technician, MSP Personnel, IT Server Technician Specialist, Field Service Technician, Support Manager, Technical Support Specialist, Help Desk Technician|
|Skills||Virtualization, Cloud Computing, support applications, Troubleshoot,, security threats, install and configure software|
|Renewal||20 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in three years|
|Themes||CompTIA A+,IT certification, Entry-level,IT certification, Computer hardware,Operating systems, Networking,Security,Software,Technical skills,Communication,Teamwork,IT|
CompTIA A+ is an entry-level IT certification that covers the fundamentals of computer hardware, software, and networking. It is one of the most popular IT certifications in the world, and it is a valuable credential for anyone who wants to start a career in IT.
The CompTIA A+ certification is made up of two exams: Core 1 (220-1101) and Core 2 (220-1102). The exams cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Computer hardware
- Operating systems
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 90 questions
- Types of Question: Multiple choice questions (single and multiple response), drag and drops and performance-based
- Length of Test: 90 minutes
- Passing Score:
- 220-1101: 675 (on a scale of 900)
- 220-1102: 700 (on a scale of 900)
- Recommended Experience: 9 to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field.
- Languages: English at launch. German, Japanese, Portuguese, Thai and Spanish
- Testing Provider: Pearson VUE
- Testing Centers
- Online Testing
Official Study Materials
- CertMaster Learn for A+: Self-paced online training.
- CertMaster Practice for A+ Training: Online course.
- CompTIA Instructor-Led Training: Online Course.
- CompTIA Labs for A+ Core 2 (220-1102): Hands-on online training.
- CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1101) Certification Study Guide: Book.
Additional Study Materials
- Professor Messer: Videos, study guides, online courses, Q&A.
- Cybrary Security+ Study guide: Online Course.
- CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Tenth Edition (Exams 220-1001 & 220-1002): Book.
- CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exam Core 1 220-1001 and Exam Core 2 220-1002: Book.
- The Complete Guide To Comptia A+ Certification: Udemy Online Course.