“Companies in the industries where quantum will have the greatest potential for complete disruption should get involved in quantum right now.” Ivan Ostojic – Partner at consultant McKinsey.
About Ivan Ostojic:
Ivan leads McKinsey’s innovation work in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, where he advises clients across a variety of sectors on strategic business models and organizational approaches that drive innovation. Ivan has deep expertise in leveraging digital solutions and advanced analytics to foster innovation at scale. Ivan often applies these approaches when advising clients in technology-driven industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, life sciences, chemicals, energy, and advanced industries.
Ivan also leads the firm’s emerging technology & future lab and business building work as part of the exponential innovation domain within our Pharmaceuticals & Medical Products Practice. When working with pharmaceutical companies in Europe and the United States, he helps executives achieve greater innovation across the value chain, including research, commercialization, and portfolio management. From digital and advanced analytics in R&D and medical affairs through enhanced customer experience design and new business building, Ivan helps clients transform how they work and deliver value.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- designing a digital-innovation strategy for a large pharmaceutical company to improve solutions for patients and deliver a better experience for healthcare providers
- developing an innovation strategy and digital-health transformation roadmap for a health-technology company, including setting up a new operating model, building necessary capabilities, and identifying supporting technologies
- leading multiple projects to develop business models and launch early commercialization of new products and technologies for life-science and pharmaceutical companies
- guiding a digital-transformation effort for a rare-disease pharmaceutical company, including developing a new digital-and-analytics strategy and launching a capability-building program for 100 key employees
- directing innovation-transformation projects for life-science and other companies using big data and advanced analytics
- directing an analytics transformation for a midsize pharmaceutical company, including setting up an agile lab and delivering relevant R&D use cases for patient segmentation and trial monitoring
- building a “unicorn” scale-up factory to support an energy company launching disruptive businesses in an era of energy transition
- leading a disruptive-technology assessment-and-evaluation initiative and creating a business-model-innovation and technology-commercialization roadmap for an industrial company
As an advocate for the transformative power of digital and analytics, Ivan has authored several articles pushing for greater innovation in medical affairs, R&D, and beyond. Before joining McKinsey, Ivan spent six years as a research scientist exploring neurological and hormonal regulation of aging and life span.