Job Description (from the job posting):
We’re looking for a Head of Cyber Security Operations to join the cyber security team, reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). You will collaborate with senior leaders to nurture, mature, and manage a mature cybersecurity operations team.
Disciplines reporting up to you will include: Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT), Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI), Insider Threat, and Trust & Safety. This will require you to work with a wide range of corporate stakeholders to rapidly detect, manage and contain security incidents, support technology incidents by providing data from our security technology suite, and support client incidents and investigations including significant Account Take Over (ATO) events.
- Provide front line tactical leadership and shape the strategic vision for the Coinbase cybersecurity operation team.
- Partner with the security and product engineering teams and other cross functional teams to shape the security control and tool suite across the organization
- CSIRT – Front line leadership over all CSIRT activities including building / evolving the team and tooling (detection and response technologies)
- CTI – Responsible for tracking and reporting on advanced threat actors targeting Coinbase and our customers. Work with enterprise teams to adjust product security and control suites to proactively prevent ATO and other malicious attacks.
- Insider Threat – Evolve and maintain our capability to identify and track potential internal threats to the enterprise
- Trust & Security – Evolve and maintain a team of investigators tased with supporting customers who suffer from significant loss events related to ATO or other security issues that impact retail financial customers.
- Cyber Technology Suite – Provide input on capability and maturity requirements to meet organizational needs for cyber technologies, and inform the strategy to hire, build, or buy the right resources to meet those requirements
- Litigation Support – Provide expertise in support of any litigation activity with cybersecurity implications or claims
- Ensure your team is allocated to the most strategic business needs at the company by understanding the Company’s strategy and priorities
- Bring an automation-first mindset to champion and drive a more streamlined approach to cybersecurity operations.
- Coach your team to define program plans, success criteria, and execute against their objectives
- Serve as a point of escalation for your team, identify opportunities to address systemic challenges, and equip your team to drive issue resolution
- Lead by example and coach others to facilitate challenging discussions, present to stakeholders of all levels, and craft communication
US Located Required: Yes
Schedule: Full time
Salary: USD 73K – 136K