Software Quality is a very broad concept. To achieve software quality, one must focus on the quality of the software product as well as the quality of the different processes used to produce the software product. In order to achieve this goal, a person in charge of improving quality in a software organization has certain responsibilities and objectives. The CSQM® Certification provides the knowledge to help a Software Quality Manager carry out these responsibilities and achieve his or her objectives.
- Evaluating, developing, and monitoring
- Evaluating and selecting tools
- Management tasks pertaining to Software Quality
- Software Quality Assurance at Managerial Level
- Assessing the organization’s capability
- Facilitating process improvement issues between groups or projects
Quality is the buzzword in today‘s highly competitive software market. Quality is a key measure of project success. It is what a customer remembers in the long run. High-quality products result in customer satisfaction‚ while poor quality results in customer dissatisfaction.
- Assessing the impact of one process improvement effort on another process or another part of the process
- Acting as a consultant to projects having special problems or requirements
The Certified Software Quality Manager (CSQM)® Certification establishes a worldwide standard for the assessment of the capabilities and competencies of software quality assurance professionals that are working at, or soon will work at the software quality assurance management level.
Acquiring the designation of Certified Software Quality Manager (CSQM)® indicates a level of professional competence in both the principles and practices of software quality assurance, demonstrating the skills and capabilities necessary to manage the software quality assurance function. CSQM® certification provides IT upper management a necessary tool to predict the likelihood of success of individuals applying for management level positions. The CSQM® certification provides the IT professional with an objective assessment of their management skills.