BurpBeautifier is a Burpsuite extension for beautifying request/response body, supporting JS, JSON, HTML, XML format, writing in Jython 2.7.
- Supporting Format
- JS: use jsbeautify module
- JSON: use jsbeautify module
- HTML: use beautifulsoup4 module, and jsbeautify module for js code in HTML
- XML: use xml module
- Writing in Jython, modify source code conveniently. eg: Modify the beautify function to change how to beautify.
- Beautify and replace response body.
- Option setting persistence.
- Send Request/Response body to Beautifier Panel
- It may modify data, such as: beautifying xml will add the <?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?> header, beautifying html will repair html tag.
- Assuming the request/response body is utf-8, so if the body is not utf8 encoding or compatible with utf8, it may not work well.
- Not considering gzip/deflate compress/decompress, so need the Proxy->Options->Miscellaneous->Unpack gzip/deflate in response is enabled (ON by default)
- Jython is slow. So It will not beautify if size excess dataMaxSize(default is 680KB)
You can install BApps directly within Burp, via the BApp Store feature in the Burp Extender tool. You can also download them from here, for offline installation into Burp.