The World Wide Web is divided into three main areas—the Surface Web, the Deep Web, and the Dark Web. The Deep Web and Dark Web are not accessible through standard search engines or browsers. Learning these concepts and their possible evolution will help you understand the cybersecurity risks that exist in the Dark Net and why it is important to have control over these areas to defend your organization from security attacks.
This book starts with an introduction to the concepts of the Deep Web, Dark Web, and their significance in the security sector. You’ll then get started by installing operating systems and the Tor Browser for privacy, security, and maintaining your anonymity while accessing the Deep and Dark Web. Furthermore, this Dark Web book will also help you understand different platforms designed for advanced security and privacy such as TailsOS, Whonix, and Qube OS. You’ll also cover best practices for using these tools for maximum impact.
By the end of this book, you’ll have hands-on experience working with the Deep Web and the Dark Web for security analysis.
What you will learn
- Access the Deep Web and the Dark Web using Tor (The Onion Router)
- Explore how ethical hacking works and stay anonymous on the Deep Web
- Discover how to use the Dark Web for gathering sensitive information
- Protect yourself from tracking and surveillance while browsing the Dark Web
- Use Tor and Whonix for advanced security and privacy
- Understand different types of threats in the Dark Net and how to avoid them
Who this book is for
If you’re a security professional, security analyst, or anyone interested in uncovering the Deep Web and Dark Net, this book is for you. No prior knowledge of the Deep Web and Dark Net is required.
*Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.